Week 1 of my NaNoWriMo efforts were not too shabby, and I thought I would check-in with others who might have joined in the writing challenge.
I wrote 11,782 words in Week 1, which were divided amongst the following projects because, as I stated here, I am a NaNo Rebel (again) this year:
- My Historical Romance Novel – 6199 words. Completing my first draft is my main writing goal at the moment, so the majority of my words and concentration have gone into this project.
- The Dreamer: An Andromache Jones Mystery Novella – 3581 words. I uploaded another three chapters of this project to Wattpad during Week 1, and again hope that I might get this story completed by the end of the month.
- Oath Broken – 0 new words written 😦 But I have been doing a little prep for writing on this one.
- The Goddess Retreat – 0 new words – With hindsight, I don’t expect to have the time to get any writing done on this project at all…Sigh 😦
- Free Write Sessions – 2002 words. I enjoy the freedom of a Free Write Session, where I can write whatever story I like. I do try and fit one in every day, but time doesn’t always allow for it. However, I have managed to get a handful in, and subsequently I now have a few new pieces of flash fiction and scenes from a couple of short stories complete. Happy Days!
So that’s a quick review of my first week. If you joined in, how are you getting on? Let me know in the comments below, or feel free to message me over on the NaNoWriMo site if you’d prefer!
Wishing everyone who’s participating lots of good luck and best wishes for Week 2!