Week 2 of my NaNoWriMo efforts surpassed my expectations, which is always nice 😉
I wrote 12,794 words in Week 2, bringing my total for the month up to 24,576. This week’s numbers were divided amongst the following projects because, as I stated here, I am a NaNo Rebel (again) this year:
- My Historical Romance Novel – 6479 words. Completing my first draft is my main writing goal at the moment, so the majority of my words and concentration have gone into this project. And I’m almost there…this first draft should, barring any major difficulties, be complete by the end of November…Yay!
- The Dreamer: An Andromache Jones Mystery Novella – 2058 words. I uploaded another two chapters of this project to Wattpad during Week 2. I’m making good progress, and even if I don’t get it completed by the end of the month, I should get it finished by the end of the year.
- Oath Broken – 0 new words written 😦 But, again, there’s been some behind the scenes prep going on, which is progress in itself, and I’m surprisingly happy with that.
- The Goddess Retreat – 0 new words – Still nothing on this project…not even a stray thought as I’m too busy with the other projects. That’s just the way things go…
- Free Write Sessions – 4257 words. A few more short stories and pieces of flash fiction have been written, some complete, some not, but that’s the wonderful thing about a free write session, there are no rules and no expectations. And I can go back and complete / edit them another time! 🙂
So that’s a quick review of my second week. If you joined in, how are you getting on? Let me know in the comments below, or feel free to message me over on the NaNoWriMo site if you’d prefer!
Wishing everyone who’s participating lots of good luck and best wishes for Week 3!