Week 3 of my NaNoWriMo efforts saw me write fewer words than last week, but a quick glance over them showed the quality was fairly impressive (for a first draft), so in terms of long term writing goals, I’ll lose fewer of them to editing. Sounds like a win to me! 🙂
I wrote 11,472 words in Week 3, bringing my total for the month up to 36,048. This week’s numbers were divided amongst the following projects because, as I stated here, I am a NaNo Rebel (again) this year:
- My Historical Romance Novel – 9145 words. As my primary goal is to complete my first draft of this story, I spent most of week 3 working on it and now the end is in sight. Woohoo! As I said last week, this first draft should, barring any major difficulties, be complete by the end of November…Yay!
- The Dreamer: An Andromache Jones Mystery Novella – 1602 words. Only one chapter was written and uploaded for this story last week. I hope to get another one complete and posted to Wattpad by the end of the month, but it won’t happen unless I complete my primary project.
- Oath Broken – 0 new words written 😦 No words and no planning this week…
- The Goddess Retreat – 0 new words – Still nothing on this project…It’s safe to say, I think this story has been put on hold…
- Free Write Sessions – 725 words. Mainly snippets of microfiction this week, and a few stray lines of the poetic variety. Some I might leave as they are, whilst others might feel more complete if they had more company 🙂
So that’s a quick review of my third week. If you joined in, how are you getting on? Let me know in the comments below, or feel free to message me over on the NaNoWriMo site if you’d prefer! You can find me by searching for my username: Sammi Cox.
Wishing everyone who’s participating lots of good luck and best wishes for Week 4!