I was saddened to learn that last month Zimbell House Publishing closed. I have fond memories of writing for their varied anthologies, and always will. When I first started thinking about submitting my work back in 2015, Zimbell House was one of the first venues I tried. That first story was The Water Wytch, and was included in the anthology, Elemental Foundations. Between 2015 and 2017, I had stories in 11 of their beautiful anthologies:
- The Water Wytch in Elemental Foundations
- The Spirit Man in Pagan
- A Teller of Fortunes in Travelers
- The Wood-Shades of Winter in On A Dark and Snowy Night
- Returning Home in Where Cowboys Roam
- The Apothecary’s Tale in The Key
- The Sultan’s Daughter in Veil of Secrets
- Jousting for Murder in Tournament Games
- Fairy Magic in The Lost Door
- Night’s Magic in Nocturnal Natures
- A Family Reunion in Children of Zeus
They were generous with rewarding their writers with paperback copies of the books they had stories in – something which is quite rare. It was always a fantastic day when these beautiful books arrived in the post.
Having my stories included in these anthologies boosted my confidence as a writer, and for that I will always be grateful. I wish them all the best for the future.